Unity of Huntsville is searching for an Audio/Video Technician/Engineer to support our church services. This flexible paid position would require basic sound mixing skills, ability to use a MEVO camera and familiarity with MS PowerPoint. The job requires Sunday attendance at a rehearsal beginning at 10:00 AM and the service from 11:00 AM to about 12:00-12:30 PM. Assistance at occasional special services or events may be requested.
An ideal candidate will be able to work in a team setting, take directions, be able to think quickly and react/troubleshoot properly in high stress situations. The responsibilities of this position may expand in the near future to include supporting live streaming of the service.
General Job Description
Purpose: Serving as Audio Technician helps to ensure the church accomplishes its mission through the production of creative and inspiring services, and special events.
General Description: The A/V Technician serves as part of the Worship Team during services. The A/V Technician configures, operates, and troubleshoots all A/V equipment used in the execution of services and special events. This includes video setup and connection, audio equipment connection, sound board setup/configuration, sound checks and other testing, and sound board operation during rehearsal and production of all services and special events. The A/V Technician operates PowerPoint slide presentations during the service.
Time Commitment: The A/V Technician serves during Sunday rehearsals, scheduled services and special events as needed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to any scheduled rehearsal, service or event/activity and begin review of service schedule and other information related to the service or special event.
- Evaluate the status of the sound & video equipment and reconfigure as needed.
- Turn on the camera, computer, projector and MS PowerPoint if not already on.
- Check, replace batteries in, and distribute wireless microphones and other equipment as needed to equip speakers, musicians, etc.
- Coordinate and direct sound checks with musicians, speakers and others involved in the production to ensure equipment is functioning properly and that proper sound levels and sound mix is obtained.
- Participate in rehearsals to fully understand service details and to practice transitions and audio and visual cues as needed to minimize distractions during the event.
- Assist in organizing PowerPoint slides and PowerPoint slide presentations.
- Operate PowerPoint slide presentations and live streaming using an iPad during the service.
- Coordinate with other Worship Team members to produce the service/special event as planned.
- Attend any Worship Team meetings or training sessions as needed.
- Cell phone use is to be restricted to worship-related communications and emergencies only during worship services.
- Talking and other noises are to be kept to a minimum during worship services.
- Individual appearance should be neat and orderly. Direct questions on appearance to Worship Leader or Board President.
- Equipment is to be cleaned periodically, utilizing best practices.
- Equipment that is not in use is to be stored in the A/V cabinet, or behind the platform in the equipment storage area.
The Audio/Visual Technician reports directly to the UCOM’s Board President and coordinates with the Rehearsal Director.